First Things First
Please take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions. We will frequently update this theme for bug fix, add new features and more… please follow us on twitter and like us on facebook to get notification.
If you are new with wordpress, please read the wordpress documentation first:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Posts (WordPress Posts)
http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages (WordPress Pages)
http://codex.wordpress.org/Administration_Panels (Administration Panels)
Installing The Theme via WordPress Dashboard
To Install a Theme via WordPress Dashboard follow these steps:
- Go to your WordPress Admin Panel & Log in (Ex: http://yourwebsite.com/wp-admin)
- Go to Appearance -> Themes -> Add New
- From top, Click on Upload Theme
- Choose the ZIP file you’ve downloaded & Click Install Now
- Click on Activate to active the theme
Upgrading to Online Blog Pro
Online Blog Pro is a new theme so you install it by uploading the theme zip to WordPress (Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme). You won’t lose any of your content (posts, pages etc) when you activate it.
Upgrading to Online Blog Pro
Step 1: Collect the Pro .zip file & license key
After completing purchase, Log in into your Thememattic Account
Click on View from there you can download it and also collect Licence key
Step 2: Installing Online Blog Pro
Go to Appearance -> Themes -> Add New
From top, Click on Upload Theme
Choose the ZIP file you’ve downloaded & Click Install Now
Click on Activate to activate the theme
Step 3: Activating your license
Go to your website & log in
Go to Appearance -> Theme License
Paste your theme license key into the License Key field
Click on Save Changes
Info: Without activating license, you will not receive any updates of Online Blog Pro
What is Mega Menu?
“A mega menu is typically defined as a drop down interface that is triggered by the user hovering over a link or defined area. This dropdown usually shows all options in one main, mega-panel and oftentimes groups related topics into categories.”
In short, it is a full-width dropdown menu in a navigation bar.
Set up the mega menu:
- Go to Appearance > Menus, make sure you are editing the primary menu.
- Click on Screen Options button located on the top right corner.
- Tick the box of CSS Classes.
- To display posts of a category in the menu, add a category into the menu.
- Then click on the category item in the menu, enter “mega-menu“ into CSS Classes field.
- To display sub nav items in columns, just add items into the primary menu, drag and drop to create multi-level menus, then click on the parent item, enter mega-menu into CSS Classes field.
Theme Options on Customizer
When you go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Customize. , there you will see various options available to customize your site. Just try those options one by one you will able to understand how the theme works and can create any kinds of sites.
Adding Header Image and Randomize uploaded headers
Increase the number of Post on Blog Page ?
If you want to increase the number of post on Home Page,
- Go to Admin Menu > Setting > Reading
- Increase the number of post on “Blog pages show at most”
- Please see the screenshot below to know details.