First Things First
Please take the time to read through the instructions and take notice of the instructions listed here, as many support related questions can be answered simply by re-reading these instructions. We will frequently update this theme for bug fix, add new features and more… please follow us on twitter and like us on facebook to get notification.
If you are new with wordpress, please read the wordpress documentation first:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Posts (WordPress Posts)
http://codex.wordpress.org/Pages (WordPress Pages)
http://codex.wordpress.org/Administration_Panels (Administration Panels)
Installing The Theme
You can install the theme using one of below method.
- Log into your web server with FTP client software
- Unzip the perfect-magazine.X.X.X.zip(X denotes version no) file
- Upload the extracted theme folder into /wp-content/themes folder
- Activate the newly installed theme. Go to Appearance > Themes and activate it.
- Login to admin panel.
- Go to Appearance – Themes and click on the Add New button.
- Choose Upload theme option. Click on Browse…(Choose file in Safari/Chrome), select the “perfect-magazine.X.X.X.zip” (X denotes version no) and click in Install Now button.
- After successfull installation click on Activate or go to Appearance – Themes and click on Activate to activate the newly installed theme.
Theme Options on Customizer
When you go to Admin Panel > Appearance > Customize. , there you will see various options available to customize your site. Just try those options one by one you will able to understand how the theme works and can create any kinds of sites.
One click demo import
One click demo import is available on Perfect Magazine.
- After the theme activated, Please install recommended plugins.
- Install and activate One click Demo Import Plugin
- Import and start building.
Adding a new post is same as default WordPress installations, however, there are some extra options that might need explaining.
This theme is specially build for Magazine/news purpose. Usually each blog post have content and featured image. Featured image will display on front page as well as can be displayed as banner image in single detailed page/Post.
Adding Featured Image
- Go to Admin Panel
- Go to Posts > Add New Post
- Give the title of the post
- Write the content of the post
- Scroll to down and see the right corner, you will find the Set Featured Image section
Increase the number of Post on Blog Page ?
If you want to increase the number of post on Home Page,
- Go to Admin Menu > Setting > Reading
- Increase the number of post on “Blog pages show at most”
- Please see the screenshot below to know details.